Enrolled agents (EAs) are the reason NAEA exists—and we are the only association dedicated to EAs. We advocate for them in the halls of Congress, at the Internal Revenue Service, and at the state level. We are deeply involved in legislative, regulatory, and tax administration issues and we:
- Reach out to members through our standing advocacy committee and through social media, including NAEA’s members-only Facebook page, to understand member needs in the moment.
- Bring EA concerns to IRS panels, forums, and meetings.
- Work with the IRS to ensure that the tax code is accurately and reasonably administered and enforced.
- Investigate and respond to proposed new regulations.
- Advocate for enrolled agent interests on Capitol Hill.
- Organize grassroots activities, such as the annual Fly-In Day.
- Lean into the political process through NAEA PAC, our political action committee.
- Provide expert testimony on tax-related matters.
These critical issues are our current focus:
- Return preparer oversight and minimum competency standards for return preparers
- Coronavirus-related issues such as Practitioner Priority Service, electronic signatures on Forms 2848 and 8821, and enforcement (audit and collection) relief for taxpayers
- IRS reform, including an executive-level focus on and leverage of tax professionals.
- IRS funding.
Be aware and stay current on what matters most to you and your profession.
Contact our office at 202-822-NAEA (6232) / or email@example.com.